1. What is your role at 93digital?
I am a Junior Digital Designer.
2. What does an average day for you look like?
At the moment I spend most of my time working on wireframes or designs in Figma!
3. What’s the most challenging part of your job?
Managing multiple projects at once, which I am actively working and improving upon.
4. Any advice for those who want to do what you do?
Learn it by doing it and try to work on real projects as early as you can. For UI/UX designers this is a little bit difficult unless you’re also learning development.
Building up a portfolio of UI/UX concepts on Dribbble or Behance is an accessible way around this. Think of an app or a website you would like to see and create a landing page or home screen for it in a design application like Figma, export a prototype and share it online. After a few weeks you’ll think it’s rubbish, but you’ll get better really quick!
In my opinion avoid long and in-depth tutorials until later on down the line. Just start making cool things and watch tutorials when you get stuck.
I never set out to end up here! But I’m so pleased that I have. Where you start out is probably not where you’ll land, but that’s part of the fun.
5. What future design and/or technology developments in the industry are you excited about?
I doubt the majority of UI/UX designers will be creating for web and mobile forever. I would imagine in the next 10 years there will be brand new interfaces to design for with their own set of possibilities and problems. I’m definitely excited for that!
6. What are your passions/hobbies/interests?
My hobby was web design until it became my job… but I love Liverpool Football Club and seeing my mates 🙂
7. What’s your favourite thing to read in print/online?
I’ve always enjoyed reading Alain De Botton, and I like The School Of Life. I’m also a long term fan of The Economist.
8. What music is currently trending on your playlist?
Long Live A$AP – A$AP Rocky
9. Tell us a random fact about you…
I’m the youngest of six kids!
5 B2B website best practices for 2022
Internal day: September 2021
Do you have an exciting strategic project coming up that you would like to talk about?