At the time of writing this post, London is still in lockdown due to COVID-19, thus we’ve had to welcome our newest member of the team completely virtually! Here’s what happened when we asked a few questions to get to know him better:
1. What is your role at 93digital?
2. What does an average day for you look like?
Everyday is different! My average day starts by checking emails, Slack messages and calendar events. I will then plan the day ahead by setting tasks to be completed. As the day goes I begin going through these tasks and remove them as I go.
3. What’s the most challenging part of your job?
I think the most challenging part is making sure that my code follows 93digital’s best practices, while keeping it simple and easy to understand for future expansion and development. 93digital have open sourced their own code best practices with the WordPress community, you can view our coding standards here. Clear and commented code can take extra time, but it’s worth it in the long run!
4. Any advice for those who want to do what you do?
Web development can be a little intimidating to get into, but once you’re in you’ll love it. Start small, think of an idea/design/functionality and work on it until it comes to life and you are happy with it. Learning web development is mostly done by practice. Good luck!
5. What future design and/or technology developments in the industry are you excited about?
Virtual and Augmented reality are getting better everyday and I’m excited about the possibilities of what can be accomplished when mixing these technologies with web development. This will be valuable with educational sites, home shopping and helping people with accessibility needs.
6. What are your passions/hobbies/interests?
I enjoy swimming, watching technology and science commentary videos, reading and pc gaming.
7. What’s your favourite thing to read in print/online?
A good book that challenges my mind, my imagination and my view of the world. A few recent examples that I have enjoyed:
- ‘A Brief History of Time’ by Stephen Hawking
- ‘Thinking, Fast and Slow’ by Daniel Kahneman
- ‘This Will Make You Smarter: New Scientific Concepts to Improve Your Thinking’ by John Brockman
8. Tell us a random fact about you…
I have lived and worked in four different countries in less than six years.
11 B2B marketing stats for 2020 (& what they tell us)
93digital is celebrating its 7th Birthday!
Do you have an exciting strategic project coming up that you would like to talk about?