Farringdon, Greater London
Salary: £55,000.00 to £65,000.00 /year
We’re London’s leading WordPress specialist agency, and we’re looking for a new Lead WordPress Developer to join our team in Farringdon, London in a hands on and management role.
We’re a specialist digital agency working to deliver ambitious WordPress based projects for a wide range of clients ranging from fast growth technology companies, multibillion turnover PLCs, publishers and not-for-profits (clients include Amnesty International, TATA Consultancy, London Councils, The Commonwealth Secretariat, Institute of Physics Publishing, Mitie plc etc).
At an exciting time in our growth, we’re looking for a new member of our team to lead technical ownership of our projects and technical solutions and mentoring of our development team, overseeing our technical approach to projects whilst also be hands on with coding.
We’re an ambitious and award winning team on a mission to build the most dynamic WordPress agency out there. Our core values are honesty, drive, collaboration & bravery, and we like to work with colleagues and clients who share in our values.
Thing you might have experience with:
DevOps experience: Docker, GitLab CI/CD, Git, branching, SSH, DNS management, QA/browser testing
Hosting experience: Predominantly WP Engine, but also AWS & Azure
- Mentoring our development team, regularly organising development team meetings/standups
- Managing our internal development processes including DevOps, version control, branching etc
- Maintaining our internal best practices and coding standards
- Managing and improving our approach to security
- Technical planning and estimation around new projects
- Defining technical architecture and writing technical specifications for projects
- Advising clients around technical challenges and solutions
- Overseeing content and server migrations
- Monitoring and improving efficiency of development processes
- Being hands on with development of projects & troubleshooting
- Experience with some of the technologies we use but happy to pick up some of the others.
- Ambition to continually learn and grow.
- Keen to lead developments teams and mentor your team.
- Happy liaising with clients to advise and present technical solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in the team and with clients.
- Keen practitioner of coding standards, best practices, accessibility and security.
- Annual training budget for conferences, courses and personal development
- A strong focus on learning, development and career progression
- Your own MacBook Pro
- Flexible start and finish working hours
- Private health insurance
- Company pension
- Access to our perks platform (featuring everything from discounted cinema tickets to high street discounts)
No recruiters, please.