1. What is your role at 93digital?
2. What does an average day for you look like?
3. What’s the most challenging part of your job?
Getting used to the in house development and DevOps tools we use at 93digital, like Stella and Lamda. Also, working in a team of developers. It might sound strange, but I came from working for a company where I was the only developer, so I am still getting used to working with other developers to fix a bug or to help build out a website. But all the developers are insanely talented and always willing to help you.
4. Any advice for those who want to do what you do?
There are loads of free online resources like YouTube, FreeCodeCamp, and Codecademy to learn how to code. There are some inexpensive online courses on Udemy like WordPress Theme Development with Bootstrap by Brad Hussey which taught me how to build WordPress themes.
5. What future design and/or technology developments in the industry are you excited about?
Building WordPress websites using static site generators like Gatsby JS and modern technologies like Graph QL which will make the website load super fast. Also, building websites with the Gutenberg editor which makes it super easy for the end-user to edit content.
6. What are your passions/hobbies/interests?
Watching documentaries, football, random YouTube searching, programming (weirdly enough) and rap music. I have no time for the gym.
7. What’s your favourite thing to read in print/online?
My bank statement. I have to know what is going in and out of my bank account or else I can’t sleep well.
8. Tell us a random fact about you…
I once went 48 hours without sleep.
93digital named Top UK Web Development Partner by Clutch
Growing into our new space
Do you have an exciting strategic project coming up that you would like to talk about?